Basic Hair Styling Course
As a make up artist, you can significantly increase your earning potential by offering hair styling as an added service. This added expertise works especially well when attending to weddings, special events and photo shoots.
3 Months (2 x classes per week, Tue & Thu: 10:00 – 14:00) or
6 Months (1 x class per week, Fri: 10:00 – 14:00)
NEXT COURSE INTAKE
COST: R 8 000 p/p (includes manuals and all hair product usage during the course)
THE COURSE INCLUDES:
- The fundamentals of hair styling (the basic knowledge and skills that will allow you to maximize your creativity, boosting your confidence on sets, shoots, events and weddings).
- Product knowledge (hairspray, mouse, styling cream, volume liquid, thickening spray, gel, silicon, hair wax).
- Hair equipment (blow dryer, straightener i.e. ghd, hot curlers, curling tongs, wand, hair crimpers, all different kinds of blow dry brushes, flat brush, combs).
- Accessories (clips, pins, grips, nets, brooches).
- Preparations (sectioning of the hair, blow drying long hair, short, mid length, including finger blow drying, correct use of the curling tongs and different types of curls, setting of hair, correct use of a wand, pin
up curls, velcro rollers, how to make use of hot curlers, correct use of straighteners i.e. ghd, adding hair pieces and working with extensions).
- Hair styles (correct teasing, buns in various forms, fashion ponytails,
knots & twists, plaits – French / fishbone, bridal hair, fashion styled
This course is not a hairdresser course, but a hairstyling course. This course includes basic hair cutting but no colour of hair. You will be a specialist in doing any hairstyling for any occasions.
HAIR STYLING KIT
R 4000 – R 8000
• Hair doll and clamps
• Parlux Hair dryer
• GHD flat iron
• Curling wand
• Blow dry brushes 5/6
• Teasing comb
• Crocodile clips x 6
• Pin up curls
• Bobby grips: blond/brown/black
• GHD Hair spray
• GHD Heat protector
• Hair styling bag
HOW TO ENROLL
Please download our application form & Terms & Conditions which you will need to complete, sign and send back to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any further questions regarding this course, please complete the form below.